NRC responding to a question on the NRC blog
This helps to answer my questions on total inventory of radiation at
Fukushima. That will present a worst case scenario of release.
stock: I have reviewed and this is a great resource. I asked a further question related to MOX which I think will show much worse ending product of spent fuel due to more neutrons flying around and a hotter burn rate. Will advise if I obtain data.
now, a good estimate of total radiation inventory at Fukushima may be calculated. I will do so, busy on spring projects, it may take a while.
UPDATE here are the results
I was asked to respond to your question.
The NRC does not track the isotopic inventory in each spent fuel
assembly at nuclear power plants. The following is a link to a public
document titled “Characteristics of Potential Repository Wastes”:
It contains physical, isotopic, and thermal characteristics of all type
of commercial spent nuclear fuel assemblies. For example, in the middle
of Table 2.4.13 on Page 2.4.17, the most dominant (i.e., >1%)
isotopes, in terms of curies/Metric Tons of Initial Heavy Metal (MTIHM),
for a typical Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) spent fuel assembly
enriched up to 4.42%, burned up to 40,000 MWD/MTIHM, and cooled for 10
years are shown. These numbers are still valid to date. The number for
each isotope should be multiplied by 0.45 MTIHM/assembly, which is a
typical number for a PWR assembly, in order to obtain the isotopic
inventory in a single PWR fuel assembly.
- Climate and Earthquake Resources
- 2018 Update On Actual Global Warming Data -- HadCRUT Data from the UK Charted
- Videos, Fukshima Blew Up in a Prompt Criticality
- Why Shut Down Nuke?
- Radiation Removal
- Rad Prep Shelter in Place Checklist
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Gundersen Email / Theories
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies
- Nuke Accidents 101
- Hormesis Is a Lie
- Renewable Energy PV
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Rad Maps, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs
- Chernobyl Documentary 500K
- Conversions / Safety Limits
- Pictures - High Quality
- Prepper/Survival Resources And Protection from Radiation
- ENENEWS Alt Discussion Page at NukePro