Breaking! University of Hawaii Research Shows Radiation in Hawaii Soil 2016 as Bad as 7 Prefectures in Japan 2 weeks After Fukushima
1200 Bq/M2 in Hawaii, most from potassium, about 400 Bq/M2 from Radioactive Cesium 137
Most wild mushrooms in Hawaii around 50 Bq/kG, but some as high as 100 Bq/kG
2 weeks after Fukushima the IAEA published findings of ground contamination in 7 prefectures around Fukushima. These are shown below.
Only 1 Prefecture in Japan exceeded 400 Bq/M2 after Fukushima -- Most of Hawaii now exceeds 400 Bq/M2 of Radioactive Cesium 137.
In the news report covering the release of this University study, a paid industry troll shows up and asks the authors to try to minimize the perception of danger by comparing the radiation level to "bananas".
Also this paid troll, pretending to be a life long expert, doesn't even know basics of measuring and presenting information on radiation. Bq/M2 is simplistic as shown in this IAEA slide presentation
Then the troll gets schooled by a U of Hawaii Associate Professor......
Cesium concentrations measured in soil in Bq/kg were converted to
Bq/m2 using soil bulk densities measured for each soil sample. This way
it is possible to estimate the total inventory of deposited cesium per
area. It is common to express these quantities in units of Bq/m2 in the
scientific literature. For reference these soils samples had 2 to 3
times as much naturally occurring radioactive potassium than cesium.
Bioaccumulation was addressed by looking at mushroom cesium concentrations – you can read about it more in Trista’s thesis:http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/resources/theses/McKenzie_Trista_Senior_Thesis.pdf
and details about the fish study can be found here:
There are no limits for soil Cs content, only for fish, so the 300 Bq/kg limit relates to fish consumption.
- Climate, Earthquake, and Vulcanism Resources
- 2018 Update On Actual Global Warming Data -- HadCRUT Data from the UK Charted
- Videos, Fukshima Blew Up in a Prompt Criticality
- Why Shut Down Nuke?
- Radiation Removal
- Rad Prep Shelter in Place Checklist
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Gundersen Email / Theories
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies
- Nuke Accidents 101
- Hormesis Is a Lie
- Renewable Energy PV
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Rad Maps, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs
- Chernobyl Documentary 500K
- Conversions / Safety Limits
- Pictures - High Quality
- Prepper/Survival Resources And Protection from Radiation
- ENENEWS Alt Discussion Page at NukePro