AFter Higgins house and website were wiped out by Sandy, I learned the importance of not relying on another website to store link locations. So I will store them here, with credit to the source.
Dec07.12 5:00 am PST The Fukushima hit by 7.3 Richter EQ and 1 m. tsunami. The area has been bouncing along at 5-12 EQ a week for quite a while. Today is the worst since 3/11. Here's what my resources are saying 5 hours after the initial shock.
- I see MSNBC report on the latest 7.3 EQ near Fukushima, with 1 m tsunami.
- Live TEPCO webcam shows good, clear shot. Everything quiet and looking normal. Helpful
- Live TBS webcam is down. Worthless.
- TBS historical camera 2012.1207_17.23@2:41-2:49 shows the EQ, no visible effect on the facility. Helpful.
- USGS EQ map says 7.3 at 08:18 UTC -- followed by multiple bumps over 6.0 Helpful
- ENENews is down at first but comes up. Says nothing. Worthless.
- Nicholls EQ map is scrambled.. Worthless.
- Jap gov't EQ map -- minimal info. Almost worthless.
- Japanese gov’t EQ "predictor" says "No information." Worthless.
- Fukishima Diary is reporting in real time, and using the event to beg for money, as per usual. Helpful
- Fairewinds says nothing, except begging for money, as usual. Worthless.
- JapanTimes says nothing. Worthless
- Fukushima Update says nothing. Worthless.