This is the English Page
Funny how some samples can be detected at 17 CPM but then others say <50 (none detected, but 50 is the minimum we can detect today. Hmmm maybe the reading is 48)
Keep in mind, this is Tokyo, pretty far away from the nuclear plant meltdowns.
Keep in Mind the Half Lives
I-131 8 Days Beta Decay, mutation and death of cells even several mm away
10% Gamma, so can be seen with Gamma Camera
Cesium-134 2.065 Years Beta Decay, and 1.6MeV Gamma
Cesium-137 30 Years Strong Gamma
You just got to love the nuclear industry--
"The isotope I-131 is still occasionally used for purely diagnostic
(i.e., imaging) work, due to its low expense compared to other iodine
The other important thing to know about I-131 is that the small and moderate exposures are what causes the cancers, and it is very effective at that. The large exposures just flat out kill the nearby cells, which in a sick way is "better" because then the cells are just dead, and they do not become cancerous.
Protection--Potassium Iodide (use during a known risk). 7000 times the amount needed for daily nutrition. Also from the Wikipedia article.
The most common method of treatment is to give potassium iodide to those
at risk. The dosage for adults is 130 mg potassium iodide per day,
given in one dose, or divided into portions of 65 mg twice a day. This
is equivalent to 100 mg of iodide, and is about 7000 times bigger than
the nutritional dose of iodide, which is 0.015 mg per day (150 micrograms per day). See potassium iodide for more information on prevention of radioiodine absorption by the thyroid during nuclear accident, or for nuclear medical
reasons. The FDA-approved dosing of potassium iodide for this purpose
are as follows: infants less than 1 month old, 16 mg; children 1 month
to 3 years, 32 mg; children 3 years to 18 years, 65 mg; adults 130 mg. However, some sources recommend alternative dosing regimens.
- Climate, Earthquake, and Vulcanism Resources
- 2018 Update On Actual Global Warming Data -- HadCRUT Data from the UK Charted
- Videos, Fukshima Blew Up in a Prompt Criticality
- Why Shut Down Nuke?
- Radiation Removal
- Rad Prep Shelter in Place Checklist
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Gundersen Email / Theories
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Alternative Resources to the Big Tech Big Media
- Nuke Accidents 101
- Hormesis Is a Lie
- Renewable Energy PV
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Rad Maps, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs, High Quality Pictures
- Chernobyl Documentary 500K
- Conversions / Safety Limits
- 2020 Corona Virus Resources
- Prepper/Survival Resources And Protection from Radiation