The pro-nuclear crowd, pulling out all the stops to save their dying industry, states that Germany is doing horribly under their "mistake" to invest in solar and shut down nuclear. What is reality.
Reality is that Germany's cost for electricity has dropped in half since Fukushima.
This first chart doesn't tell the whole story. Each Euro buys 1.15 USD. So if you take the average call it 39 Euro per MWH, and multiply by 1.15, you get 44.85 USD per MWH, or converting to kWH 4.48 cents per kWH.
BUT! and don't lose the importance of this, Look at the chart below, Since Fukushima the Euro has lost about 30% of its "value". IN 2011 the wholesale rate was 65 Eur/MWH and Eur/USD was 1.45, calculating to a cost of 9.42 cents per kWH.
Simply put....since Germany has decided to phase out nuclear power, their electric rate has dropped by half.
Funded by a $1.4B annual campaign to promote nuclear is the face of obvious headwinds, the propagandists for nuclear claim that Germany is paying higher costs because of the "mistake" to go solar.
Now contrast that lie with the the reality of costs association with "New Nuclear" in particular Vogtle in Georgia. The people there pay around 8 cents per kWH retail rate. Now review this article which uses the real cost data from Vogtle. This indicates a minimum wholesale price of 15 cents per kWH, and you have to add transmission costs and overhead and profit to that figure.
That means that "Next Generation Nuclear" will double or triple the cost the rate payers are going to be saddled with.
- Climate, Earthquake, and Vulcanism Resources
- 2018 Update On Actual Global Warming Data -- HadCRUT Data from the UK Charted
- Videos, Fukshima Blew Up in a Prompt Criticality
- Why Shut Down Nuke?
- Radiation Removal
- Rad Prep Shelter in Place Checklist
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Gundersen Email / Theories
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Alternative Resources to the Big Tech Big Media
- Nuke Accidents 101
- Hormesis Is a Lie
- Renewable Energy PV
- Carrington Event and Space Weather Resources
- Rad Maps, Earthquakes, Nuke Bombs, High Quality Pictures
- Chernobyl Documentary 500K
- Conversions / Safety Limits
- 2020 Corona Virus Resources
- Prepper/Survival Resources And Protection from Radiation