The trick has always been in making it compact, reliable, user friendly, safe, and most of all....relatively cheap. Traditional PV Systems, the Battery Backup provisions add around $15,000 to the system. I believe I will be able to market this for around $1,500.
What if you could have an emergency system, that needed no gas, made no noise, and could:
- Power your frig
- Keep your cell phone and electronics charged
- Run some LED lights in your bathrooms, kitchens
- Run a microwave oven
- Run a radio and TV for emergency messaging
- Run a shortwave or HAM Radio
- Run your "Burglar Alarm"
- Directly charge your USB Devices
- Allow you to occasionally run your computer and monitor
- Charge your rechargeable batteries
I think that would be a real winner. Would this make a significant improvement to your life in a real emergency situation? The answer is YES! By the Way.
Well I finished the beta phase, design, procurement, and assembly. Proof of concept is completed.
I am testing it now, and probably running for several months, with varying configurations, monitoring DC current flows, AC current and kwH, temperatures, and testing in various humidity, rain, high temp, and later in winter, for low temps.
Does anyone have any interest in a system like this?